An insured that has customized home insurance coverage are more likely to reap the full benefits of what a policy can provide. However, home insurance is nothing compared with the security provided by a strong, safe home.
Below are a few suggestions that you as a homeowner can do this spring to make you home more secure. It might save a lot of trouble down the road.
Just a few of the tips to include on your springtime home maintenance checklist include…
- Making repairs to roofs, foundations, doors, and windows to make them more secure
- Cleaning the chimney and servicing the furnace and HVAC system
- Cleaning out gutters and clearing overhanging or dead foliage away from the home
- Repairing any damaged or leaking pipes
- Having a pest inspection of the home